Carbon Scatter 2 Release Boasts Population of Millions of Instances Per Second
E-on Software recently released Carbon Scatter 2, their ecosystem populating plugin for popular 3D Software packages such as 3ds Max, Maya, and Cinema 4D. Carbon Scatter 2 boasts some impressive new capabilities such as a new and much improved population algorithm which can create over 1 million instances per second, as well as Carbon Scatter’s new ability to populate instances 360 degrees coving psherical objects easily.
Carbon Scatter is the most powerful population plug-in for 3ds Max, Maya and Cinema4D – and it now includes a vast library of 3D plants and billboards
Carbon Scatter allows you to expand your host 3D application’s instancing capabilities by leveraging the EcoSystem Technology from E-on’s Vue world-building products, making it easy to massively populate objects for complex scenes that work with the native instancing technologies of 3ds max, Maya and Cinema 4D.
Carbon Scatter 2 is available for Windows and Mac OSX, and retails for $195. The Carbon Scatter+Botanica bundle retails for $295. Existing users can get the upgrade for free until January 31, 2013 ($99 passed that date).
Key benefits of Carbon Scatter 2 include:
- Over 100 3D plant species (with variations!) and 130+ billboard trees included
- Populate millions of instances per second!
- Interactive population – change a setting and Carbon Scatter repopulates in a blink
- Populate at 360° around objects
- Use the powerful EcoPainter brush to paint-in instances directly with your mouse
- Edit or create your own plant species with the optional Carbon Botanica module
- Render billions of polygons easily thanks to native instancing
- Works with all your shaders
- Compatible with native previewing options (Nitrous, point-cloud, etc)
- Advanced scattering rules with procedural graph control
- Multi-layer scattering with internal affinity/repulsion
- Scattering inside/along curves
- Stacked instances (e.g. to create piles of rubble)
- Use animated populations with full phasing control
- Enormous library of additional plant species available from cornucopia3d.com*