Sub-D Modeling in Cinema 4D Creating an Array of Holes
Shane Benson adds another installment to his Subdivision Modeling Tutorials for Cinema 4D, showing how (the proper way) to create an array of holes in the surface of an object quickly and efficiently.
12th part of the series. I go over some simple ways to create an array of circular holes
Inevitably you will come to a point where you absolutely need to have geometry for the holes in a model rather than “fake” the effect with a texture, or even use normal baking convincingly. I always suggest to new(ish) modelers that starting the model with the holes themselves or the highest set of details first will almost dictate how the rest of the parts will fall into place, and to that end, Shane shows the technique very well.
- SUB-D MODELING IN CINEMA 4D CREATING RADIAL PATTERNS
- SUB-D MODELING IN CINEMA 4D USING SWEEPNURBS TO ASSIST MODELING
- SUB-D MODELING IN CINEMA 4D UNDERSTANDING WEIGHTING
- SUB-D MODELING IN CINEMA 4D EXTRUDING ODD SHAPED HOLES WHILE RETAINING THE SHAPE
- SUB-D MODELING IN CINEMA 4D CREATING TRANSITIONAL GEOMETRY TO EXTRUDE ONE SHAPE FROM ANOTHER
- SUB-D MODELING IN CINEMA 4D CREATING 180 DEGREE CUTS TO REDUCE ARTIFACTS
- SUB-D MODELING IN CINEMA 4D CREATING HOLES IN SHAPES AND OBJECTS
- SUB-D MODELING IN CINEMA 4D SYNOPSIS OF QUADS AND TRIANGLES
- SUB-D MODELING