R3DS has been in the forefront of 3D scan processing tools for a while now, and recently they have released a new product. WrapX is based on their wrap topology transfer tool which will allow you to easily wrap existing geometry around a 3D scan or high poly model.
Wrap allows you to wrap existing topology around a 3D-scan or other highpoly model
WrapX offers some higher end features over Wrap, in that you can create your own custom process for scan processing and apply that to any number of high resolution scan models. This can be fully automated or it can be user driven to better control the process such as selecting control points.
- Integrated Development Environment for quick scripting that contains a set of visual tools and dialogs for interaction with the user
- Better compatibility. Supports OpenGL 2.1 and higher, works on most graphics cards
- Includes a set of example scenarios
- Enhanced non-rigid registration, that can handle bigger basemeshes
- Control points can be placed very precisely, even inside a polygon
- Works with larger scans, up to several millions of polygons
- Mesh subdivision
- Mesh projection
WrapX introduces a professional scan processing environment using a Python API, but also has the features of its predecessor.
WrapX also includes pre-alignment, sculpting and texture baking features. Wrap and Wrap X will preserve the vertex order in the model and texture coordinates of original base mesh, so it is a great tool for creating morph targets of different facial expressions based on scans.
With WrapX it is possible to create your custom scenarios of scans’ processing including rigid alignment, non-rigid alignment, subdivision, mesh projection, texture transfer and many more.
It also includes a set of tools that allows you to display models and textures, select points and polygons, save and load selections from files and visualize process of registration.
You can work with WrapX in two modes, using WrapX IDE and rich set of visual tools for quick development of custom scripts, or using python module to integrate WrapX into your pipeline