Smart Normal 1.0 was an online tool that would allow you to create and convert normal maps from images. Version 1.0 was based in Adobe Flash, and featured AIR-driven, lightweight normalmapper supporting condensed and sobel-filters.
Recently, Jan Frischmuth has updated the tool as a complete WebGL application that runs in the browser. SmartNormal 2.0 is WebGL and GPU powered, and offers realtime preview, uncompressed output and a maximum texture size up to 8192*8192px depending on your device.
Check out the new Smart Normal 2.0 and get converting.
The Original Smart Normal is still operating, you can find that here: SmartNormal 1.0.
Smart Normal version 1 had the features of:
- fast and userfriendly installation thanks to adobe air
- supports drag and drop (AIR-version)
- realtime filter preview
- can invert the source image and channels
- sobel-edge, condensed and blur filter
- supports jpg, png, gif-files
- saves uncompressed jpeg-files
- is only 130kb small
- is free to use