A while back, Fixel Algorithms introduced Fixel Detailizer, which acted as a multi scale image detail enhancer for After Effects which will allow you to control the contrast of the image detail at five different detail levels working on individual image frequency levels.
Fixel Detailizer 2 PS decomposes the image into 5 different details scales
More recently, Fixel Algorithms has introduced that same level of ease and control to Photoshop, with the new Fixel Detailizer 2.
A new plugin for Photoshop, Fixel Detailizer 2 will decompose the image into 5 different scales of detail, giving you unprecedented control over the contrast level of each scale level.
Detailizer does this with a really simple and streamlined panel in PS which is as easy to use as an audio equalizer.
Fixel Detailizer 2 for Photoshop
Detailizer works much the same way the effect does in After Effects – decomposing the image into various frequency ranges, allowing you to manipulate each of those ranges with an easy to use slider.
The different scales, or frequency ranges means that you can amplify details of an image according to their size. Detailizer benefits from an innovative Wavelets based algorithm, using the standard frequency separation techniques you may be already familiar with in Photoshop.
While the classic implementation using Photoshop’s Gaussian Blur works on 2 scales only Fixel Detailizer 2 PS works on 5 scales using advanced Wavelets Kernels for decomposition.
This operates fundamentally differently than a simple unshaped mask, in that Fixel Detailizer 2 decomposes the image into bands of frequency ranges.
Fixel Detailizer 2 for Photoshop Features
- 5 Bands / Scales to Set Details Amplification and Enhancement Level
- The user can set the amplification level of each detail scale as easy as setting amplification level for different bands in Hi-Fi Equalizer.
- Preserve Saturation Mode
- The filter will affect the Luminosity channel only. No color shifting.
- 32 Bit Internal Processing
- All the “Math” is done in 32 Bit precision to avoid clipping, quantization histogram distortions effects.
- 8, 16 and 32 Bit Mode Support
- The filter supports 8, 16 and 32 Bit Mode (RGB & Grayscale) including support for HDR Photography
- HDR Like Effect
- Setting high amplification for large scale details can achieve pseudo HDR effect.
- Intuitive & User Friendly
- Full integration with Adobe Photoshop using Native Code API and Panel Extension UI.
- Scriptable Filter
- The filter is fully scriptable (Adobe’s ExtendScript aware) and can be integrated into advanced users automatic workflows (Script based workflows).
- Fixel Detailizer 2 PS User Manual.
Fixel Detailizer 2 for Photoshop is available on aescripts + aeplugins and can be bought as part of a bundle. You can get Fixel Detailizer 2 AE & Fixel Detailizer 2 PS for 34.99$ instead of 39.98$. Current owners of Fixel Detailizer 2 AE will get a 25% discount on Fixel Detailizer 2 PS on purchase automatically.
Alternatively, you can purchase Fixel Detailizer 2 as a stand alone for Photoshop for $19.99. Check the Fixel Detailizer 2 for Photoshop page for more information.