If you are at a loss for rendering specific formats in After Effects, then you are not alone. One common problem is rendering a ProRes format form Windows based computers. Another is that Ae is missing some of the “newer” popular formats such as FFmpeg.
Get many more codecs than After Effects offers you, for example ProRes on Windows
Now you can easily render out FFmpeg format, (along side some others) directly from After Effects with the new AEmpeg plugin. Brought to you by Jacob Danell who in the past has given us some great tools such as 3D Splitter, and Bend Layers for After Effects.
AEmpeg allows you to get many more codecs in After Effects provides, working on both macintosh and windows platforms and giving you some great features such as a setting to shut down the computer when rendering is complete.
FFmpeg is a very fast video and audio converter that can also grab from a live audio/video source. It can also convert between arbitrary sample rates and resize video on the fly with a high quality polyphase filter.
- Render with ffmpeg – Just pick your output path and settings and press render. It’s that simple!
- Works on both Windows and Mac – True cross-platform experience!
- Save time! – You no longer need to fiddle around with commandlines or external softwares to get the files you want! Do it all quick and easy from one place!
- Use it to create proxys – Go to the advanced settings to select different output path for ffmpeg and check to save the original file to create proxys.
- Settings to shut down computer when done – Well, save power and save the planet!
- Convert already existing videos and image sequences – Just select videofiles from your project panel and add them!
- Create your own ffmpeg-presets – If you know ffmpeg from before you can easily create your own templates to use within the script. You can also share and import already created presets.
- Detailed help page – Feeling lost? Just press the “?” button and you’ll get the detailed help page with all information you might want to know!
AEmpeg can be purchased at a special intro 25% off until Oct 31, 2014, making it just $29.99. For more information check out AEmpeg over at aescripts + aeplugins here.