Juanjo González Díaz posts an advanced preview of the Octane Render Engine IPR within Houdini, built with a custom OpenGL window.
Otoy announced a while back, that Octane would be making its way over to other host applications.
Along with previously announced plugins for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects, OctaneRender™ plugins are also in development for The Foundry’s NUKE compositing software, Side Effects Software’s Houdini™ 3D animation software, Autodesk’s MotionBuilder® 3D character animation software, and Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 4.
Some features shown:
- IPR real time zoom and pan, window resize, etc.
- Real time camera and objects transformations, with motion blur
- Real time objects deformations, also with MB
- Octane render target settings (tone mapping, post processing, environment, etc.)
- Real time Octane materials setup