Tim Wesoly, Lead developer of Qubicle Constructor takes a look at how to use the Qubicle Voxelizer to create voxel art from 3D meshes.
Minddesk creates great voxel-type tools in Qubicle Constructor, Qubicle Unit, and now adds a stand alone application, Qubicle Voxelizer which will convert regular 3D meshes into voxel based models and even extracts the color information from the model’s textures.
Qubicle Voxelizer is a stand-alone mesh to voxel converter with a user friendly split screen interface
Qubicle Voxelizer converts regular 3d meshes into voxel models which you then can import into your favorite 3d applications using the integrated Collada exporter, or into Qubicle Constructor for further editing.
Qubicle Voxelizer Features
- User-friendly split screen interface
- Reads Wavefront OBJ with multiple textures or color material
- Reads standard image files (bmp, tiff, jpg, png)
- Saves as QB, QEF importable by Qubicle Constructor and Qubicle Unite
- Master Edition exports as Collada, with mesh and texture optimization
Qubicle Voxelizer was created to offer an alternative to the freely available command-line tools, which are not very friendly to use.
To find out more abut Qubicle Voxelizer, the stand alone 3D Voxel converter, check the page at minddesk here.