PlanetSide recently made Terragen 3.1 available. Adding the ability to add populations on top of imported and native 3D objects. the new version also expands on the “sit on terrain” function, renaming it to “anchor” which now allows you to anchor Populations to the planet as well as any other object in the scene. The new Anchor can be used effectively on items such as trees, moss, or rocks.
Terragen 3.1 includes a new cube and octahedron displaceable primitives and sees an increase to the 3D preview speeds as a result of new multithreading enhancements. Terragen now boasts a more stable and responsive Paint Shader thanks to an overhaul of the data storage engine.
Terragen 3.1 Changes Include:
- Populate On Objects
- New displaceable 3d primitives (cube, octahedron)
- Improved performance in the 3D Preview
- New “Geog Image Map Shader” can load georeferenced image data (e.g. satellite orthoimagery)
- New Painted Shader back-end improves stability and performance
- Intermittent rendering issues with Spherical Camera rendering are now resolved
- Faster loading of Population Cache files
- Various improvements to object viewing and manipulation
- Many additional bug fixes and other updates, including a fix for 4D noise in animation, resolution of a crash when aborting population phase, etc.
For a complete list of changes to Terragen 3.1, you can check the change log here.
The 3.1 release is available free of charge for licensed users of Terragen 3 – if you are, then you can use the built-in Check For Update feature to access the new version.