InLifeThrill Design’s Dobromir Dyankov shows the in’s-and-outs for rendering Cinema 4D hair with Octane Render. This represents the last of the tutorials which cover the basics for working with Octane in C4D.
Octane users not only enjoy a much faster workflow and render with Octane, they also appreciate how Octane integrates with Cinema 4D’s features. There are a few caveats however, and this was covered in great detail with Dobromir’s getting started tutorials.
Although hair rendering is possible with Octane Render, currently the live viewer only supports rendering of the hair guides.
Check out the complete series for Getting Started With Octane Render in C4D:
- Multi-Pass Rendering / vimeo.com/119838883, vimeo.com/119841910, vimeo.com/119848103, vimeo.com/119850717
- Render Settings & Optimization / vimeo.com/124066262
- Materials & Shader Setups / vimeo.com/125392583, vimeo.com/125388470, vimeo.com/125378016
- Lighting Systems / vimeo.com/126014404
- Displacement Mapping / vimeo.com/127088549
- Getting Started / vimeo.com/128028880
- Real-Time Updates / vimeo.com/128901381
- Rendering Hair / vimeo.com/128901381