MakeHDR is GPU accelerated OpenFX plugin for merging multiple LDR images into a single HDRI.
Senior Lighting TD Vahan Sosoyan recently release a personal project that allows you to merge multiple low dynamic range images into a single HDRI. MakeHDR is a GPU accelerated OpenFX plugin for combining multiple LDR images into a high dynamic image.
“The idea was to avoid using third-party tools and keep the HDRI setups fully procedural,” Sosoyan says about the plugin. The OpenFX API allows compatibility across a bunch of host compositors like Fusion, Natron, and Nuke.
- Merge up to 16 inputs with 8, 10, or 12-bit depth processing
- GPU acceleration with Nvidia CUDA solver
- User-friendly logarithmic Tone Mapping controls within the tool
- Advanced controls such as Sampling rate and Smoothness
- Available at cross-platform on Linux, macOS, and Windows
Get MakeHDR for Free.
You can find out more or download the OFX plugin here.
- It has been tested on CentOS 7 compiled with GCC 4.8.5, MacOS 10.13, and Windows 10.
- Note that GPU acceleration requires Nvidia GPU and CUDA 11 or later runtime; therefore, it is not available on macOS; however, it still supports a CPU solver for non-Nvidia cards.