Damien Bataille shows off a preview of his DeeX Vray Arsenal a tool for Maya which gives you to gain control of of lights and materials when rendering with V-Ray. DeeX Vray Arsenal allows you to save and use V-Ray rendering settings with an interesting interface that will set the quality with just one slider.
DeeX Arsenal also gives you some quick access to features such as a pass manager for creating render passes, and provides support for creating properties in Maya on the fly and pretty much anything that deals with shading or materials in a V-Ray Render.
Damien has created some other tools including Deex shaders Pack for Maya, a collection of shaders with buffers output pass in one click for MentalRay, and Deex Render Tool which is a small tool that I created to accelerate and simplify the management of the establishment of a scene rendering and DeeX to NUKE script which generates a NUKE file with all renderElements from Vray.
DeeX Vray Arsenal features will include:
- Pass manager
- Create black hole, primary visibility off….in one click (Nothing is created in your scene, all is created on the fly during rendering)
- Create matte mask in one click (no ID, nothing, hierarchical masks work !) (Nothing is created in your scene, all is created on the fly during rendering)
- Control your attributes override of your pass quickly
- Control the quality of your render with one slider
- Add offset quality for some part of your render (irradiance map, LC, AA…)
- Import multi proxies in one click
- Connect shader(s) on proxies in one click (with namespace or not)
- Material ID manager (an unique number can be generated for each « material », based of the name of the « material »)
- Object ID manager (an unique number can be generated for each « mesh », based of the name of the « mesh »)
- Control the quality of your materials and lights in one click
- Set the quality of your materials automatically in one click (based of the glossiness)
- Automatic material ID (work with blend material) (Nothing is created in your scene, all is created on the fly during rendering)
- Automatic object ID into proxy (Nothing is created in your scene, all is created on the fly during rendering)