Tools4D Paul Everet posts an update to the DEM Earth Project, showing how the next version of DEM Earth will use the ASC format, allowing you to embed any type of height data and resolution, directly in DEM Earth.
This shows how, in the next version of DEM Earth, you will be able to directly embed any kind of height data, at any resolution, directly into DEM Earth, using the standard ASC format
ASC is the standard and commonly used format for height and terrain data, and shows how DEM Earth integrates with ASC and how to use the new feature in DEM Earth.
Paul notes that embedding an ASC file has advantages over simply loading a static mesh, the most predominant being that it is resolution independent, allowing for control of the level of detail needed at any given time.
DEM Earth is an amazing tool that will generate dynamic Digital Elevation models right in Cinema 4D from a geographic coordinate. To learn more about DEM Earth, check the page here.
DEM Earth can be purchased for roughly $284.00 which is a bargain if you ever have to do a map or referenced terrain ever again. DEM Earth comes with:
- DEM Earth Generator – The main realtime landscape generator.
- PinPoint Object – Used for placing any 3D object on DEM Earth landscape with ability to dynamically scale and move with the landscape.
- Way Object – Generates ‘object to object’ splines, on the landscape to help you visualize connections.
- GeoReference Tag – Easily match images to the landscape in realtime using this very powerful image control tag
- GPX Importer – Drag and drop gpx files into C4D and DEM Earth will create a scene for you with your track overlayed on it.
- World File Import– drag and drop industry standard geographic World files into C4D and DEM Earth will create the landscape for you and overlay your image automatically.
- One Year Support – Includes one years support and gives you full access to the following features during the support period.
- Free updates – Get all new updates and features free.
- Image Downloader – Easily capture and georeference web-based images from a multitude of open sources.
- High Res 30m DEM server access – Access to 30m high res DEM data, for more detail in your terrain (where available).