Blender Artist Antonioya, posts MeasureIt – an addon for Blender that will allow you to create and see measurements in the Blender viewport.
This can make the design process in Blender much easier. It can also provide values and numbers for things like camera DOF, Field of view, as well as values that can be used in scripting.
MeasureIt is an add-on designed for displaying measures in the viewport, making the process of design objects with exact measures, easier.
MeasureIt can be used with Meshes, Empties, Lamps and Cameras. Blender units, Metric and Imperial are supported.
A tool like MeasureIt can be really useful for things that require an exact measurement. This can include architectural projects, technical design and of course, even 3D printing.
MeasureIt Addon for Blender can be used for:
- Mesh vertex to vertex measure: Length between vertices in the same mesh.
- Mesh vertex labeling: Add a label to any mesh vertex. This allows identify easily different areas or objects in the scene.
- Object to Object: Distance between object origins, vertex to origin or vertex to vertex.
- Object to origin: Distance between object origin to scene origin or vertex to scene origin.
- Allows work with different scales.
- The measures can be used with Meshes, Empties, Lamps and Cameras. Blender units, Metric and Imperial are supported.
Check out the MeasureIt Addon for Blender here.