The ChoasGroup releases Phoenix FD 3.0 for Maya, their powerful, yet artist friendly fluid dynamics tool for Maya and 3d Studio Max. The latest release comes with a new FLIP liquid solver, improved smoke and fire solver, plus some other great features.
The new FLIP Solver offers a fast and more realistic liquid solver, while the smoke and fire solver lets you create effects with more defined details.
Also added to Phoenix FD, is a new Wave Force for creating detailed wave simulations from procedural oceans, and a new procedural ocean displacement that lets you create, preview and render ocean surfaces that will never repeat.
Other Features for Phoenix FD 3 includes:
- Quick presets – New toolbar with presets for fire, smoke and liquid simulations.
- Force controls – Art direct and control simulations with forces like wind, mesh attraction and more.
- Path follow – Create simulations that follow a path along a spline.
- Interactive simulations – Fine-tune simulations interactively in the viewport with Phoenix FD’s GPU-accelerated preview.
- Refine simulations – Increase simulation resolution and add detail without changing overall shape or behavior.
Phoenix FD 3 is available now for Autodesk Maya. If you already own Phoenix FD 2.x for Maya good news, it’s a free upgrade.