Dmitrii Kolpakov’s Overlapper Now Can Easily Cycle When Creating Automatic Overlapping Animations in Maya.
Overlapping action in animation is something that is essential, but in 3D, it can also take up a bunch of time. Working in Maya, there have been a few tutorials out there that shared how to create an “automatic” overlapping action from animated motion in Maya. There is also a script that will aid in creating the essential animation principle. Dmitrii Kolpakov’s Overlapper can do this with a simple click. Recently Overlapper has seen an update, adding in some user-requested features and the ability to cycle animations easily, quickly and seamlessly. The latest version also works much faster than the previous iteration of the tool.
Overlapper doesn’t use dynamics, which means that the script is more stable for a wider range of use-cases. The animation tool can also automatically find controls in a hierarchy, so it works equally well with simple and complex rigging systems in Maya.
- Non-dynamic engine (no bugs on fast moving objects)
- Automatically find controls hierarchy (work perfect with simple FK system, adapted for Advanced Skeleton rigs)
- Can add wind
- Сreate seamless overlapping action for cycle animation
- Work on selected timeline range
- Adaptive scale. Automatically find the best size for your animation (don’t need spent time to find parameters)
- Work with already animated objects
- You can bake animation from Overlapper immediately on the animation layer
- You can create overlapping action for translation too
- Create a selection set for “overlapped” controls or objects