BraveRabbit’s Shapes-tool for Maya updated to version 4.4 adding a host of new features, refinements, fixes, and compatibility with Maya 2018.
Shapes for Maya is Brave Rabbit’s blend shape editing tool for Maya that offers a unified workflow to create and edit blend shape targets. The plugin had was created to be a production tool for professionals, while still focusing on the artists and the creative process, rather than the technical mire that can plague some production tools.
New in Shapes 4.4
- channel action to remove the target deltas for the entire mesh or selected components only
- weight and region maps can now be stored in an optional JSON file format
- paint value submenu when painting weight or region maps
- ability to lock regions from editing and normalization
- when entering Edit Mode the selected components are maintained on the sculpt mesh
- the behavior of the base weights warning message can now be controlled from the preferences
- added a check if the meshes transform and shape node names are unique
- if the blend shape data node doesn’t match the blend shape node’s name anymore when changed outside of the plugin, it gets automatically renamed when loading the mesh the next time
- improved the handling of asymmetrical meshes when mirroring shapes
- added a brush symmetry and color display toggle to the paint shape weights context menu
- SHAPESBrush: size and strength attributes can now be adjusted with a higher precision in the tool settings window
- SHAPESBrush: the default brush type can now be set from the preferences or the brush tool settings
- SHAPESBrush: new grab and twist brush type
Visit BraveRabbit to learn more about what is new with Shapes 4.4.
Some of the links on lesterbanks are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.