Rocket Square’s Build Kit 2 is an extensive upgrade with many new tools.
You may remember Rocket Square’s Build Kit, a Compact Python tool for Autodesk Maya that offers robust mesh, selection, layout, import, export, and curve operations. Recently, Erik Lehmann has given a fresh update to Build Kit, which provides many new tools and numerous enhancements for previous functions.
For example, Rocket Square’s former Curve Toolkit is now part of the Build Kit for starters. “What started as a minor update spiraled into an expansive upgrade.” Lehmann says.
What’s New in Build Kit 2.
- New Radial Duplicator
- Updated Quad Fill: Now only requires a single edge input
- New Instance support (for Mirror, Place, Paint, Duplicator, Snap, Radial)
- New Convert Instances
- Updated Advanced Separate: supports maintaining object orientation
- Updated Mirror: Supports Merge, Instance, Flip UVs
- New Merge Border Vertices
- Updated Modify Pivot: Switched to Min / Max style to reach object’s center and corner points
- Updated 45 Angle: Only requires a single edge input when the border loop is not filled
- New Transform Randomizer
- New Lock and Unlock nodes
- Updated Select by Topology: Added Stray Vertices, Hard Edges, Overlap, and Check All
- Updated Select by Percentage: Now works with components
- Updated Select by Name: Supports wildcards
- Updated Select by Type and Status: Easily find Locked and Invisible nodes
- New Selection Sets / Quick Set
- New Select by Pattern: Works with Vertices, Edges, and Faces
- Updated Place: now works with groups and supports instances
- Updated Paint: now works with groups and supports instances
- Updated Duplicator: supports instances
- New Snap – objects and groups to selected components
- New Batch Import Maya .ma and .mb files
- New Batch Export Maya .ma and .mb files
- New Obj Fix: export / re-import as obj to clean up your mesh, maintaining hierarchy position and shader
- New Curve Tool – Rebuild Curve by length
- New Curve Tool – Set pivot to curve origin
- New Curve Tool – Snap curve origin to surface
- New Curve Tool – Reverse direction and Equalize curve direction
- New Curve Tool – Select point range
- New Curve Tool – Convert multiple edges or edge groups to curves
- New Curve Tool – Curve Analysis
- New Curve Tool – Extruder: Convert curves to geometry, in Maya 2022: Presets for Cable, Rope, Pipe, Box
- Updated Interface and icons
- Updated Available Keyboard Shortcuts
- Enhanced Performance and speed of some functions
Get BuildKit from Rocket Square.
Rocket Square is Erik Lehmann’s new Place for his commercial workflow tools. Learn more about BuildKit through the documentation, or pick up a copy.