Flowbox VFX Platform releases Rotoscoping v1.6 w/ F-splines and workflow speed boost
Flowbox, the creators of the node-based VFX platform that focuses on rotoscoping have just released a significant update in Flowbox 1.6. The latest versions add F-Spline Curves into the rotoscoping workflow, which act as a combination of X-Splines and Beziers. F-Splines give you the overall control of an X-Spline cage along with the more delicate controls of bezier handles underneath. “We listened to our customer’s feedback and introduced many usability tweaks to speed up your roto workflow,” said Pawe? Pietraszko (Chief Product Officer) on the newest Flowbox update.
Flowbox Rotoscoping 1.6 is drastically faster thanks to numerous optimizations.
Flowbox 1.6 Features at a Glance
- F-Splines – new shape representation for ultimate flexibility: combine unique powers of Beziers and X-Splines in a single curve.
- Hard Edge Checker – will save the day when dealing with motion blur.
- Pause Viewer – you can now freeze a selected Viewer to achieve real-time playback when using multiple Viewers.
- Crop – now you can crop your 4K plate to save memory and keep the best performance
- Corner Pin Import – easily import Corner Pin from Mocha or Nuke
- Render to separate channels – split your roto into separate channels to save on rendering time.
Render to Separate Channels
Other features in Flowbox 1.6 include the ability to render to separate channels. You can now split your roto work into different channels that will save you on rendering time.
Animated Crop Tool
An Animated Crop tool lets you crop your plates to save on system resources and lets you keep the best frame or performance in your work.
Hard Edge Checker
A new Hard Edge Checker will undoubtedly save you time when working with shots that have motion blur to them. The feature offers a hard-edged view of your roto work with a click.
Flowbox 1.6 Availability
Want to kick the tires a bit? There is a free trial available Flowbox. Yearly or monthly licenses (along with the educational licenses on request) Visit Flowbox for more information.
About Flowbox: Flowbox is a startup, based in Krakow, Poland, bringing a modern software platform to VFX with a focus on Rotoscoping. The company prides itself on a flexible node-based interface, fast and light architecture and the best customer support in the industry. Product details can be found at shop.flowbox.io.