KeenTools brings GeoTracker to Ae, letting users track an object near-real time.
KeenTools is known for its innovative face and tracking tools for Nuke and Blender. Now some of that is coming to Adobe After Effects.
The open beta of GeoTracker for After Effects is poised to bring painless, almost real-time 3D object tracking and works like a proper built-in tool.
GeoTracker for AE offers:
- The ability to load custom 3D models and track them easily
- Four built-in 3D primitives: cube, cylinder, plane, and sphere
- You can export tracked objects as 3D and 2D Null layers, linked to other layers, or passed through to Element 3D, Cinema 4D, particle generators, etc.
- GeoTracker can estimate camera focal length in case the camera filming the footage is unknown.
- Most times, the plug-in handles reflections and occlusions without you even noticing it. For complex cases, it supports 2D masks that exclude problematic areas from tracking.
Download the open beta for GeoTracker in After Effects here.