Ben Brownlee Covers the Basics of Planar Tracking to Create a Screen Replacement in Ae or Premiere.
Boris FX’s new Mocha Pro 2019 offers more features for tracking and rotoscoping workflows and faster experience, offloading some things to the GPU. Mocha Pro also sports a new interface, adding an “essentials” workspace for easy access to most used settings and less clutter. Both the After Effects bundled version of Mocha and Mocha Pro 2019 work with the plugin, making the workflow a bit smoother between the two applications. If you want to see how that all works, have a look at Curious Turtle’s Ben Brownlee who covers the planar tracking basics using Mocha Pro.
Along with the new look, Mocha Pro 2019 introduces some new spline tools to speed up planar tracking. Ben covers some of them while creating a screen replacement FX shot.
NEW IN MOCHA PRO 2019
- New Workspaces with Mocha Essentials interface.
- GPU Accelerated Object Removal delivers faster rendering.
- New Spline Tools for faster Masking: Magnetic Spline with edge snapping, Freehand Spline, and Geometric Shape Tools.
- Retina/High DPI Monitor Resolution support
- Award-winning 360/VR tools now included with Mocha Pro 2019.