MamoWorld Updates MochaImport With New Features and New Compatibility With After Effects CC2019.
A little while ago CC2019 launched and along with it, a new bundle for Mocha tracking in After Effects. The standard Moch bundle with Ae now uses the plugin version of Mocha, which is all good news. If however, you use Mamoworld’s MochaImport, you need to get the new release, version 6.
MochaImport+ v6 is fully compatible with the changes to CC2019.
The problem is that V5 of MochImport+ cannot export tracking data to the clipboard or a file. Hence, there is no way for MochaImport+ V5 to read the tracking data from the plugin. MochaImport+ V6 can read the tracking data directly from the plugin effect and is fully compatible with CC2019 (and also any other versions of mocha).
Upgrades to v6 are free for existing customers.
Here is a complete list of new features for v6:
A full list of new features:
- import tracking data from mocha Plugin (CC2019 compatibility)
- create mocha plugin effects
- keyframeable tracked masks
- Send masks and other properties from the main comp to stabilized pre-comp and vice versa.
- low-res stabilized pre-comps (great for fast rendering, if the pre-comps only cover a small portion of the image)
- motion blur option for corner pin
- Automatic tracking data conversion (not sure if you need “corner pin,” “corner pin with motion blur” or “transform data”? No problem, MochaImport+ always converts to the format you need).
- KBar script support / improved script API access to execute MochaImport+ functions from other scripts.