CGMonastery Announces Morpheus Rig System (MRS) Makers Workshop Teaching How to Start Building Rigs Using MRS.
The Morpheus Rig is a popular one among Artists and Animators alike. What started as a highly flexible rig, the Morpheus Rig project soon turned into the Morpheus Rigging System or MRS. The Morpheus Rig System is a modular framework based in Python that lets you create any high-quality character or creature rigs with Autodesk Maya.
MRS uses a template system where you can snap together small rig modules and fit them to the character. Templates can generate everything needed including the controls, wiring, and structures of rigs.
Now, the CG Monistary is offering a makers workshop to get people started with the rigging system. “We’ve gotten a fair bit of requests from many of you interested in learning MRS. It’s taken a little time to figure out the best way to do this, and we think we have a pretty good plan. We’re partnering with our friends at Rigging Dojo to facilitate this session.”
About the MRS Makers Workshop
Learn the MRS (Morpheus rig system) and how to leverage the tools to build your production level rigs. The mentor for the class will be with with one of the architects of the rig system and creator of the original Morpheus rig, josh burton.
The Workshop will Cover:
- How to use MRS and the cgmToolbox in your project pipelines
- Rig a quadruped from scratch using the MRS tool set
- Quick rig a biped from a starter template
- Cover advanced topics of the components that make up the rig system
- Also, receive a six-month subscription to the CG Monastery to get the latest builds of the MRS and have a voice and hand in where it goes from here.
- Bonus perks- Morpheus for Unity content, rigs, and more
Visit the MRS Makers Workshop here.