Multiverse USD 6 is a production-ready USD solution for Maya now with massively multi-threaded architecture.
J Cube, the makers of Multiverse, announced the release of Multiverse USD 6, the easy to use, production-ready, and native USD solution for Autodesk Maya. The new version offers a modern massively multi-threaded architecture, rebuilt from end to end. Users can experience up to 100x faster performance in authoring, reading, drawing, manipulating, playback, and rendering time-to-first-pixel.
Multiverse | USD v6
Powered by a new end-to-end multi-threaded architecture, from scene construction to final rendering. Designed with a strong emphasis on delivering an easy and logical workflow to artists and real-world users under tight work deadlines and budgets. Featuring UI and UX that are clear, well thought, and pleasant. Ready for deployment in production environments of any scale, with a new Python API that is straightforward to use and integrate, abstracting the complexity of the USD APIs.
Since 2015, Multiverse is being used worldwide by an increasing number of customers working on high-profile content such as Hollywood feature film productions, Original TV Series by Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Apple, elaborate TV commercials, and much more.
Highlights of v6
- Completely new, end-to-end, massively multi-threaded architecture which delivers up to 100x* faster performance in authoring, reading, drawing, manipulating, playback and rendering time-to-first-pixel.
- Fully compliant with USD v19.11+ (with v20.02+ available upon customer demand).
- Non-destructive authoring workflow for layout, lookdev, layering and composition.
- Unified rendering worlflow: easily work with multiple rendering engines while keeping exactly the same artist workflow.
- Ability to easily author USD hierarchies for assets and compositions, straight from the Maya outliner.
- Write USD assets, compositions and overrides with support for USD variants and proxies.
- Read USD and Alembic files, whether static or animated, as a single file or as a sequence via USD clips, with ability to easily generate clips.
- Complete read/write support of USD point instancing. Maya duplicate as instance, instancer, particle instancer and MASH. Houdini packed/point instancing and duplicates.
- Ability to explore and override USD assets with a pleasing, logical and extremely fast UI.
- Selectively override transforms with full animation support, including parents and hierarchical inheritance.
- Selectively override materials, generic & render attributes, visibility and variant selection with complete hierarchical inheritance.
- Realtime high-FPS playback and manipulation streamed to the viewport with OpenGL (Win/Linux) and Metal (macOS), using multiple visualization modes.
- Interactive path tracing streamed to the viewport with 3DelightNSI, soon to be added for other capable renderers.
- Procedural rendering streamed to Arnold and 3DelightNSI (including 3DelightNSI Cloud), with other renderers coming soon.
- Velocity, acceleration, linear, curved and deformation 3D motion blur.
- Inter-op between Autodesk® Maya® and other USD-ready DCC applications, in particular with SideFX® Houdini / Solaris.
- Generate 3D USDZ assets for Augmented Reality (AR) in iOS and macOS with full lookdev and animation support.
- Pipeline automation with the new, easy to use, Multiverse Python API.
Check out J Cube to learn more and download a free version.
Learn more about Pro version pricing here.